Don’t hold your breath for the Mayan prophecy of the winter solstice of 2012. In truth, the Age of Aquarius has already begun.
Bucksfanian astrology and some intuition told me years ago that the Age of Aquarius begun some time in 1998:
According to SU International, I’m probably right: “The second coming of Christ was predicted by the Book of Revelations to occur two millennia after Christ died. Within the Maya traditions is the prediction of a cosmogenesis at the end of the Fifth Sun in 2012 …. The present essay deals with a relatively little known fact about the perception of time as calculated using any numerical system within ancient or modern cultures. It will show that the Maya prediction was fulfilled in 1998, and was spiritually equivalent to the prediction in the Book of Revelations.”
According to Shamanic Astrologer Daniel Giamario, I’m right on the money: “In the late 1980’s, I began corresponding with European master astronomer Jean Meuss, via a recommendation from astronomer-publisher Guy Ottewell, concerning the precisely calculated dates of entry, into different constellations, of the solstices and equinox coordinates. I sent a communication to Meuss in 1991 asking him to calculate the exact date of the winter (December) solstice alignment with the intersection of the galactic plane and the plane of the solar system. His response was May, 1998.”
According to expert on calendrical systems William Morris, not only I am right, but he gives even greater precision, and via sound astronomy: the intersection of the ecliptic and the galactic equator, and the equal division of the ecliptic into twelve from that point.
Using this method, Morris figures that the Age of Aquarius began on 7 May 1998. “If you have a good astronomical program, you might like to try and discover when ecliptic longitude 270°, ecliptic latitude 0° co-incides with galactic latitude 0°. Using Starry Night Pro 5.0.1 (Mac version), the best time achievable is 12:06 UT ± 2 minutes on 7 May 1998, and this may be straining the accuracy of the program.”
What does the Age of Aquarius mean? With all the problems we have, it’s hard to believe our future can be bright. Inflation and recession, environmental deterioration, diminishing resources, unrest and oppression in developing countries. Yet the signs in the heavens point to an extraordinary renewal in the years just ahead.
In the New Age we break free of centuries of false doctrines, destructive indoctrinations, absurd ideas, and children’s stories about God, education, medicine, and love. The corrupt foundations of false society crumble.
But the major influence of the Age of Aquarius is the end of the duality of the Age of Pisces. In the Age of Aquarius, everything becomes unified, even mankind. Between the ages we will have an ‘apocalypse’, but we need to understand what that actually means. ‘Apocalypse’ means time of revelation or disclosure. Humanity as a whole will understand things that it has never understood before.
The Age of Aquarius will be a time of:
- Recovery of ancient traditions;
- Assimilation of new truths;
- The opportunity for humanity to work out its problems responsibly by the (new) choices it makes.
So the Age of Aquarius is to be a period of atonement (at-one-ment) for mankind, a period in which that which is now fractured can become whole.
- Morris, William. (2005, July). Moonwise: The Age of Aquarius. Retrieved 14 June 2011, from http://www.moonwise.co.uk/aquarius.php
- Giamario, Daniel. (1995). A Shamanic Look at the Turning of the Ages. Retrieved 14 June 2011, from http://danielgiamario.com/articles/a-shamanic-look-at-turning-of-the-ages
- SU International. (2007). 1998, The Year the Sun Began to Rise. Retrieved 14 June 2011, from http://www.siloam.net/sunrise/sunrise.htm
- Age of Aquarius: Age of Holy Breath. (n.d.). Retrieved 14 June 2011, from http://www.adishakti.org/age_of_aquarius.htm
- Benedict, Gerald. (2010). The Mayan Prophecies for 2012. London: Watkins Publishing.